Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Life Update

So sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busy with real life; classes, work, and my health has been acting up again. There are some days where it is a struggle to get out of bed.

But, I have some pretty awesome news, despite all the terrible things women have been facing lately in various legislatures. I have been taking a self defense course this semester, and doing fairly well in it. As a result, my sensei wants me to become a certified instructor in FAST Defense so that I can be her aid next semester. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity to help these kids avoid violent encounters, and more specifically, help other girls be able to defend themselves from the violence I have encountered.

Already we've had several girls in the class be triggered while practicing skills, but they were real troopers and kept on practicing. Their experiences hardened their resolve to learn these skills. The look of excitement and success on their faces when they finally master a technique is so rewarding. This is an unexpected turn my life is taking, but I am looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

Hopefully with the summer coming up, I'll have a bit more time to get some blogging done; especially with the general election coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment