Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dead Space

My apologies for a lack of material lately. Real life  took over for a while. While I've been gone, I've been working, been rear-ended (I'm fine), and started an incredibly intense two-week studio intensive course in printmaking, creating artists's books and ephemera. The course is highly demanding, but a lot of fun and incredibly informational.

To make up for it, you can read about a Kansas rep that compared rape to car insurance and getting a flat tire. NOW (National Organization for Women) is sending him spare tires as a result of his remarks and voting record. I figure it's the least we can do.

Also, yesterday in NYC there was a protest in response to the acquittal of two NYPD officers despite overwhelming evidence that they raped a woman, falsified business records, and committed burglary. However, they were convicted of three counts of official misconduct and fired from their positions, and the woman is filing a civil suit for $57 million against the city and its officers. The defense was incredible; she was too drunk to really remember what happened, but drunk enough to consent to sex. You can't have it both ways people. The "but she was drunk" defense wins again, which is sickening and outrageous.

I will posting more on artist's books and ephemera soon, when I have a little more time on hand.

1 comment: